Female fertility testing
During the introductory consultation we will establish your medical history and reproductive health history and conduct a series of tests. This will help us assess the cause or causes of your fertility problems as well as determine the best treatment for you. Foreign patients are welcome to bring the necessary results with them for the interview.
Detailed case history
- Menstrual cycle
- Previous pregnancies
- Infections of the internal female sexual organs
- Other diseases
- Lifestyle (obesity, smoking, alcohol)
- Other factors affecting fertility
- An ultrasound scan of the uterus and the ovaries
- A pap smear from the cervix
- A test for Chlamydia bacteria from the cervix
- An X-ray examination of the passage through the fallopian tubes with the aid of a contrast medium (HSG)
Blood samples for hormone analyses
- On the second (second to third) day of the menstrual cycle
Blood samples to test for HIV and Hepatitis*:
- anti-HIV 1/2
- Rubella (if negative, you will need to be vaccinated)
*These test must be performed in a laboratory that is accredited according to the European Cells & Tissue Directive. Laboratories accredited according to DIN EN ISO 15189 or 17025 are also accepted.
All consultations with our specialists or our nurses are an important part of your treatment. For more information see the leaflets at our clinic, which you are welcome to take home with you. You can also find answers to the most frequently asked questions here.